Strathcona County has embarked upon several massive, ill-advised, and costly residential developments. These have serious flaws:
• Failure to prepare a proper business plan
• Failure to consider current forecasting data and economic realities
• Failure to plan and finance major transport infrastructure
• Failure to acknowledge hidden development costs
• Failure to recognise environmental and agricultural impacts
• Failure to establish a need based on benefits to County residents
If these projects are not brought under control, the legacy to residents of Strathcona County will be a debt and tax load that will last for generations, and benefit no one but a few special interests.